Necessitas support on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Tomas Løvbukten tomaslov at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 20:58:38 UTC 2014

Hi,
To my knowledge, running a Necessitas (Qt4.8) app is not supported on x86
devices.

We're developing a business app, and some of our current users have
unfortunately bought Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 devices with x86
architecture .These cannot be used with our app as intended due to the
incompability. We're currently rewriting the app from widgets to Qml, and
stepping up from 4.8 to 5.2, but it would really buy us some appreciated
development time if the Tab3 10.1 was supported in the old app as well.

A great suggestion from Claude on the android-qt group [1]  was to see if
it's possible to let Ministro use the arm7 emulator if available:

"ABI info is x86 but CPU_ABI2 is armeabi-v7a, so it could be tested if
CPU_ABI isn't compatible.

On galaxy tab 3 10.1
android.os.Build.CPU_ABI: x86
android.os.Build.CPU_ABI2: armeabi-v7a"

Would this be a valid solution? I have access to a Tab3 device if help with
tests are needed.

TomasL

[1]  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/android-qt/t7BPbW567TI