Ministro update: "Found new Qt libraries, tap to update"

BogDan Vatra taipanromania at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 07:37:26 UTC 2014

Hi Tomas,

I *always* announce the availability of new libs before they land on
stable repo. Ministro uses 3 different repos for libs:
 * unstable - this repo is used mostly by necessitas/qt developers, to
test our work, before we release a new SDK.
 * testing - this is the repo that I used to push new qt libs.
Immediately after I push new libs in this repo, I always announce them
on this ML and I *wait* at least two weeks before I move them to
stable repo. If *anyone* reports *any* regression I stop the release.
After I fix the problem, I push a new release to testing, then I
announce it here and of course wait for two more week for you to test
it.
 * stable - this is the default repository that is used by Ministro.
Here I pushed the libs only after nobody report no regression.

As you can see, I give everyone the chance to stop a release if he/she
founds any regressions. Not only for Necessitas SDK but also for Qt
5.x.

Last time I changed Necessitas it was in december, I fixed a crash
that happened on Android 4.4.

But, I think I can do the update safer (e.g. not replace the old libs
until the new ones are fully downloaded).

Cheers,
BogDan.