QRawFont not working on Android 4.0?

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 21 06:43:48 UTC 2013

Hi,

QrawFont is not handled by any QPA based platforms, not only in Qt 4.x but also in Qt 5.x.
Please open an issue here https://bugreports.qt-project.org on this matter.

Cheers,
BogDan.

>I am using QRawFont in my project to create a raw font object. Using
that object I am extracting the glyph.
I using it as follows:
>{
>QStringmyfname="FreeMono.ttf";
>myFont=newQRawFont(myfname,800,QFont::PreferFullHinting);//line 1
>myFont->glyphIndexesForChars(mychars,numofchars,myglyphindexes,&numofglyphs);
>basePath=myFont->pathForGlyph(myglyphindexes[0]);
>}
>I am using this basepath to calculate glyph curves and using it to
finally draw the character for given font.
This code works successfully on windows and Linux.
Then I tried to build it for android using Necessitas 4.8. It built successfully. When I
deployed my project on android device it deployed successfully.
>But When my
function call reaches it to 'line 1" i get following error in Necessitas application tab : "This plugin does not
support font engines created directly from font data"
and then application crashes.