QRawFont not working on Android 4.0?

saurabh joshi saurabh20project at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 02:35:40 UTC 2013

I am using QRawFont in my project to create a raw font object. Using that
object I am extracting the glyph. I using it as follows:

{
QString myfname="FreeMono.ttf";
myFont=new QRawFont(myfname,800,QFont::PreferFullHinting); //line 1
myFont->glyphIndexesForChars(mychars,numofchars,myglyphindexes,&numofglyphs);
basePath=myFont->pathForGlyph(myglyphindexes[0]);
}

I am using this basepath to calculate glyph curves and using it to finally
draw the character for given font.
This code works successfully on windows and Linux. Then I tried to build it
for android using Necessitas 4.8. It built successfully. When I deployed my
project on android device it deployed successfully.
But When my function call reaches it to 'line 1" i get following error in
Necessitas application tab : "This plugin does not support font engines
created directly from font data" and then application crashes.
How do I solve this problem.....what I am doing wrong?
Please guide me if I am doing something wrong or any other way of doing
same function.