Next Minsitro version features

Willy Gardiol willy at gardiol.org
Mon Mar 4 08:10:08 UTC 2013

I have to report a bug with ministro.
It happened twice on my SGSII so far. Both times the only solution was
to delete all the downloaded libraries and have ministro re-download.
Both times it happened "on the field" where i had no 3G network so i
cursed very much and was unable to use my app all day, with a good
amount of extra cursing.

- Be connected in GPRS on a not-so-goo signal level.
- Open up your favorite Qt app, the Qt logo will show up
- Have network data fail before the app loads (easy, when trekking in
the mountains for example)
- Now you get "this app caused a serious error and cannot continue"
error
- Now yoyu are unable to open ANY Qt based app until you delete all
Ministro data and re-download the libs.

My guess ministro corrupts some internal data (repo list?
certificates?) due to the network failure.
It's unusual and certainly not easy to reproduce, but it's a very
serious bug since it makes _all_ your Qt apps brokn at once and, more
over, right when you cannot easily fix the issue due to poor network
reception.

I am happy to provide any other info.