Does Ministro put people off installing Necessitas apps?

Willy Gardiol willy at gardiol.org
Sat Nov 17 18:56:47 UTC 2012

Yes i can cofirm from my experience that users are put off my ministro.
It does work for savvy people but the average joe simply cancel and
uninstall. More, it does not make sense for small apps, just for big
ones.

If i where the user i would frankly abort and search for a different
app. At the same time linking many megabytes of static libs just for one
app is very stuopid the same, so i gues sministro is the less pain at
the moment.

Would you download 50mb app for a simple game? I would not. Would you
install ministro for the same app? Maybe not, the same. But maybe you
have it already installed for some reason and then you don't have the
issue.

I agree Ministro is a very serious problem, but it does solve an even
worse one.

At least until Qt aren't shipped with stock android :)

--
Willy Gardiol
willy at gardiol.org
www.gardiol.org