Qt Multimedia status on Android

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Thu May 3 20:00:46 UTC 2012

On 05/03/2012 09:12 PM, BogDan wrote:
> Hi Harri,

True, H264 is a requirement if one is developing a full-fledged video
player.  But as there are many already, I wonder how many are going to
need to develop one.

On the other hand I can think of projects with in-game or intro videos
that could use a chosen codec.

Btw. if I read http://www.iqmagazineonline.com/archive27/pdf/Pg32-37.pdf
correctly mp4 decoding is only about half as costly as H264.

I wonder if Qt on Symbian is able to play HD video?   I know that the
Broadcom VideoCore is quite capable GPU, (especially the one 808, which
can do 1080p with ease), but I have no idea if Qt multimedia provides
direct access to that hardware, or is the situation the same as on Android.

Also for new projects, I think 90+ % of multimedia needs is just audio.

Anyway, interesting stuff.

Harri