Some questions about Necessitas and qt for Android.

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 20:46:08 UTC 2012

Hi Denis,

>I'm thinking about to use Necessitas for my business. I have some question for
>you:
>
>- Is there a way to start a qt application on Android without Necessitas
>screenshot?

Of course, just replace android/res/drawable/logo.png with any logo you want,
Necessitas logo is there just as an example.

>- Is there a way to share my application with Ministro embedded?

No, and I really don't recommend it, because we may do heavy

changes to Ministro and libs, and if you do that, they will become incompatible.
Ministro is a silent service which will bother your users only when your application
needs some libs which are not yet downloaded, after that the user will never see
it again.

>- Have you got any experience with "Declarative" plugin on Android? I have
>just wrote a simple application with it. On desktop pc and on emulator works
>well but on an Android device I see only a white frame.

There are a few apps which are using QtQuck and AFAIK it works ok.
Please file a bug to https://sourceforge.net/p/necessitas/tickets/ with a simple
example project which we can use to reproduce the issue.

>- My program will compatible with all Android devices? I see that, for to work
>with emulator I must use "Android armv5", "toolchain arm-4.6.2", "Android sdk
>v7". Is these obsolete or not?

Your program will be compatible with almost all android arm devices, your app

should run on any device which has Android API 4+ if it doesn't use OpenGL and
Android API 5+ if it does use OpenGL.

ARMv5 is supported by all android ARM devices, but it is slow.
ARMv7 is much faster.
You can put both of them in the same package and Android will pick the right one.
To do that, you have to compile *and deploy* your app two time with both toolchains.

>Thanks for your reply.
>
>Denis.

BogDan.