Alpha4 release status

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Sun Jun 10 15:47:41 UTC 2012

If it is that big, 2-4 times, I suspect some file system access issue.

Guesswork aside, has anyone played with profilers on ARM/Android?
Quick google shows that oprofile should work on a rooted/developer phone.

On linux I've in the past used gprof and callgrind with success.
Gprof2Dot is a nice tool for visualizing the result and quickly zeroing
on the culprit. See http://code.google.com/p/jrfonseca/wiki/Gprof2Dot
(also supports oprofile).

If profiling is possible, I suspect it is faster to find the problem
that way than by trying the patches one by one.

Just my 2 cents,

Harri