Implementing QtMultimedia

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 06:21:27 UTC 2012

> Hi,

> Quick questions:
>
> Does NDK provide sufficient APIs to implement QCamera and
> QAudioInput/QAudioOutput, or is some detour via Java required?

Short answer is yes and no :)
For a longer answer please check http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/necessitas-devel/2012-May/000900.html and http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/necessitas-devel/2012-May/000913.html threads.

> Has any work towards those started?   Do you have a "feel" of the
> required effort, like couple of days or a major undertaking?

Check previous threads.

> If work has started, I can test.  If nobody has started, I hope I'll have
> time over the next few months to start working on it.

There is a merge request made by Gabi Julien here https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/105051/ and https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/105052/
but I didn't had enough time to review it, if you or someone else finds some time to review it, I'll appreciate a lot and I'll merge it faster !

> Cheers,
>
> Harri

Cheers,
BogDan.