question about focus...

Josiah Bryan josiahbryan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 03:49:33 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM, Nalin Savara <nsnsns at gmail.com> wrote:

> <snip>
> I noticed; that when a app starts OR when a new dialog is opened (for
> example: about box OR help dialog)... the new dialog doesnt have keyboard
> focus-->> and we cant detect what key is pressed OR if back button is
> pressed.

I haven't tried this myself, mainly because the one dialog I create in my
Android Qt app is designed for user interaction and has ok/cancel buttons
on the bottom (yes, not standard for Android.) However, if its a
non-interactive dialog, can you call setFocus() on the dialog to force the
focus to the dialog? Would that solve the catching of keypresses? Just some
thoughts, may not work - I don't really know.

Like I said - haven't had to try setFocus() for this use casea, but I have
used setFocus() in desktop apps to force focus to go where I want for
usability purposes.

Cheers!
-Josiah

--