QtQuick Components

Anselmo L. S. Melo anselmo.melo at openbossa.org
Thu Sep 22 20:38:01 UTC 2011

Hi!

On 09/21/2011 05:17 AM, Lauri Laanmets wrote:
> FYI: A few days ago I tried QtQuick Components on Android. I  have an
> app written using Symbian components [1]. So I thought I will give it a
> try. Cloned the latest Components repo [2] - rudely compiled it using
> Necessitas and - voila! It works :) Of course, with several bugs but still.

Really cool!

> What I'm missing is the understanding why there is no common "import"
> for all platforms - why the API is the same but import different for all
> platforms [3].

Part of the API is shared, what is called the "Common API", documented
here: https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com//browse/QTCOMPONENTS-200.

The platforms should first follow this common API, then extend it
according to their needs - so, the import 'platform X' contains the
specific APIs.

This one-import-to-rule-them-all was discussed, I remember someone doing
tests about it, but I don't remember the results, need to check.

Cheers!
Anselmo

Anselmo L. S. Melo
openBossa / INdT