Releases schedules and policy

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at nokia.com
Thu Sep 15 14:50:01 UTC 2011

If I got you right the 2 options are:

A: 2 release:
	alpha3: more or less current state
	alpha4: more or less current state + Java-interface-rewrite

or B: 1 release named alpha3: "more or less current state + Java-interface-
rewrite"  (as alpha4 in PlanA)

right?

And after that we might need another alpha if we want to break API/ABI before
release?

The last alpha is named beta as soon as it's API/ABI stability is confirmed?

I personally like more and smaller releases => I would vote for PlanA ...
but your right 2-3 weeks delay is properly not worth it.

I totally agree with Oct.15.!
I want to show people opengl-accelerated apps out of the app-store :)

As soon as we get the next release I write a blog-post  on labs.qt.nokia.com
... unless some else wants to :)
(and push the qmlshowcase to android-market)

Greets
Thomas