Size of libs

Tyler Mandry tmandry at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 04:02:12 UTC 2011

Qt isn't known for being a small library. However the size of the libs is drastically reduced if you strip them (run arm-linux-androideabi-strip from the NDK on all the .so files.) For my debug build of Qt, this reduced the size of all the shared libraries from 235MB to 31MB. I'm not quite sure why this isn't done already when distributing local Qt libs to the device. If you do this in the install directory, you'll still have the original libraries with debugging symbols intact in the build directory.