Issue building on WIN32

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Wed Nov 9 16:56:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm using the necessitas SDK on Windows and I have a (known) issue with
"DESTDIR" in the makefiles.

I end up with something like:
DESTDIR       = ..\..\imports\Qt\labs\components.1.1\
TARGET        = libqtcomponentsplugin_1_1d.so

which is no good, because the first line ending backslash is interpreted as
a line continuation, and the TARGET variable is not evaluated.

Normally, on windows/mingw, the MINGW qmake generator is used, which
mitigates the issue by apeending a comment:

In qmake\generators\win32\winmakefile.cpp, l649

    // The comment is important to maintain variable compatibility with Unix
    // Makefiles, while not interpreting a trailing-slash as a linebreak
    t << "DESTDIR        = " << escapeFilePath(destDir) << " #avoid
trailing-slash linebreak" << endl;

Resulting in:
DESTDIR       = ..\..\imports\Qt\labs\components.1.1\ #avoid trailing-slash
linebreak
TARGET        = libqtcomponentsplugin_1_1d.so

Now, if I'm correct, the UNIX generator must be used for Android.

Could it be possible to do the same thing for the UNIX generator on
Android, please. It won't break anything but would solve my problem
compiling on windows.

- Chris -

P.S. before alpha3, I actually put MSYS in the path, so the UNIX generator
was actually usable. Now, it seems the "-win32" flags is forced in Qt
creator, so this solution probably doesn't work (I haven't retried it).