Android asset support/deployment advice needed

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 11:41:34 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to finish the implementation for android assets deployment support, and I found that
in QtCreator are two ways to handle it:

1  - add a new step to deployment, this step will run " make INSTALL_ROOT="your_android_folder" install " command  to copy all application data to your android/assets folder, this step can also copy all libs to android/libs folder, so we can remove most of "AndroidPackageCreationStep::createPackage".

2 - parse "qt4Target()->qt4Project()->rootProjectNode()->installsList()" and copy all files to android/assets folder.

I almost finished first approach, and I want to ask you if this is the right way to do it or should I switch to second one.

Cheers,
BogDan.