preparing for upstream merging: OpenSSL

Marius Bugge Monsen marius at cutehacks.com
Sat Jun 11 13:09:42 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:31 PM, BogDan <bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Marius,
>
>    Sorry I didn't know about that stupid law, also I'm a little bit confused,
>
> because I don't export nothing from within US, actually US is
>
> importing this code, they have also import laws? What is wrong with this
> guys ? Wasn't US the most free and pure country in the world ?

I hear you! :/ Basically, it's a mess we want to avoid by just not
having the code in the repo...

> Anyway, I'm ok with your suggestion, please finish it and create a merge
> request, also make sure that the build script will download openssl,

Ok, then I'll work on finish up the patch and create a merge request. :)

Btw, afair Qt will normally try to load libssl at runtime and resolve
the symbols to avoid having to ship with any offending code. Andreas
Hanssen (the guy who implemented the ssl support in Qt) will be in
Berlin next week, so we can see if it is possible to do the same on
Android.

> I don't want Necessitas users to suffer because of some stupid US laws.

Agreed!

Cheers,
Marius