preparing for upstream merging: OpenSSL

Marius Bugge Monsen marius at cutehacks.com
Fri Jun 10 13:53:08 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I've started looking at merging more changes from necessitas to
upstream Qt. One of the problems that needs to be solved in this
context is the openssl code src/3rdparty/android/src/openssl. Due to
US export laws (disclaimer: IANAL) this code can't be merged into the
upstream repo. I have attached a patch that adds a configure option
that allows you to specify the location of the openssl source code.
It's more of a suggestion than a final patch at the moment and it
doesn't actually remove the openssl code from the repo yet. Let me
know what you think.

Cheers,
Marius