Android asset support/deployment advice needed

BogDan bog_dan_ro at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 16:03:11 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've know that issue.
The problem is that we can't/should't use AssetDir instead of AAsset because AssetDir is using an internal (non-public) library. This will not be a problem if we'll have access to the source code of all android platforms, sadly we don't have access to the latest source code (yes, it seems Google becomes a closed-source company day by day), so using AssetDir will be very risky, so I'll try to another approach, I added two more functions to official public asset implementation (check the attachment), one to get the folders (AAssetDir_getNextDirName), and one to get the files count inside a folder (AAssetDir_getFileCount), then I'll create a merge request to see if Google will accept it.

Anyway, assets are similar with qt's built in resources (and AFAIK qrc doesn't has any dir information), so I don't think anybody will expect assets to be perfect.

Cheers,
BogDan.