Android asset support/deployment advice needed

Thomas Senyk thomas.senyk at nokia.com
Wed Jul 20 17:03:48 CEST 2011

I found the next problem with assets ... and this one might be a bigger one.

If you take a look at:
AAssetDir_getNextFileName

you'll see that it doesn't report sub-directories (intentionally!)
This means: That way we can't do any sub-directory listing!

AAssetDir doesn't provide anything else (or maybe I'm blind)
AssetDir would provide it!
Do we want to use AssetDir instead?
We would basically rewrite all the AAset* stuff and use Aset* directly ...
right?

I could start the work (but I'm on vacation next week)

IMHO: If we want to do any release (alpha or beta) with asset support, we
absolutely need this.

Greets
Thomas