Google Play Developer Program Policy Update

Google Play no-reply-googleplay-developer at google.com
Mon Sep 28 21:33:40 BST 2020

View as webpage

Google Play

Developer update

Hello Google Play Developer,

We're writing to let you know about a new update to our Developer Policy
Center.

We're updating our Payments policy to clarify when Google Play's billing
system should be used for in-app purchases. This clarification is important
to increase user protections across Play-distributed apps and makes the
policy easier to understand.

Any existing app that is currently using an alternative billing system in
violation of this policy will need to remove it to comply with this update.
For these apps, we are offering an extended grace period until September
30, 2021 to make any required changes. New apps submitted after January 20,
2021 will need to be in compliance.

Please visit our blog or the Play Academy for App Success for more
information.

The Google Play Team

Connect with us

© 2020 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you
about important changes to your Google Play Developer account.