Google Play Developer Program Policy Update

Google Play no-reply-googleplay-developer at google.com
Wed Sep 16 20:11:28 BST 2020

View as webpage

Google Play

Developer update

Hello Google Play Developer,

We're writing to let you know about a recent update to our Developer Policy
Center. We make updates from time to time as part of a continuous effort to
make Google Play a safe and trustworthy experience for both developers and
consumers.

We've introduced policy updates that need your attention. All new and
existing apps will receive a grace period of at least 30 days from the
issuance of this notification (unless otherwise stated) to comply with the
following changes:

We've updated our Misrepresentation policy to clarify that developers and
apps taking part in coordinated activity that misrepresents or conceals the
origin of an app or content are a violation of Google Play policy.
We've updated our Gambling Apps policy to allow a government-published real
money gambling app in Brazil.

In addition, we've corrected a typo in our Stalkerware policy and clarified
the language. All apps will receive a grace period of 15 days from the
issuance of this notification to comply with this correction.

We encourage you to review these policy updates carefully in case any of
your apps are impacted.

REVIEW UPDATES

The Google Play Team

Connect with us

© 2020 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you
about important changes to your Google Play Developer account.