Google Play Developer Program Policy Update

Google Play no-reply-googleplay-developer at google.com
Wed Jul 8 20:05:16 BST 2020

View as webpage

Google Play

Developer update

Hello Google Play Developer,

We're writing to let you know about a recent update to our Developer Policy
Center. We make updates from time to time as part of a continuous effort to
make Google Play a safe and trustworthy experience for both developers and
consumers.

We've introduced new policies and policy updates that need your attention.
All new and existing apps will receive a grace period of at least 30 days
from the issuance of this notification to comply with these changes. Here's
a summary of all the changes:

We've introduced new requirements for apps requesting broad access to
device storage, including an appropriate access and declaration review
process for R-targeted apps.
We've launched a News policy to highlight requirements for News Apps
published on Google Play. Visit the help center for more detailed
information on this policy and future developer requirements.
We've updated our User-generated Content (UGC) policy to require in-app
reporting of AR anchoring on sensitive locations.
We've updated our Families Ads and Monetization policy to clarify
prohibited spammy and manipulative ads and monetization practices.

We've also updated several policies (including Inappropriate Content,
Gambling, Mobile Unwanted Software, and Ad Fraud including impression
fraud) with clearer language and additional examples. Please note that
these aren't new policies and we aren't changing our enforcement standards
and practices as a result of these updates. You can review these changes
here.

We encourage you to review these policy updates carefully in case any of
your apps are impacted.

REVIEW UPDATES

The Google Play Team

Connect with us

© 2020 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you
about important changes to your Google Play Developer account.