AW: Marble compilation on Windows

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Sun Aug 2 14:23:08 BST 2020

Hi Johnny,

<https://build.kde.org/view/OS%20-%20Windows/job/Applications/job/marble/>

> Next step is to update the Craft package that is used to build the
installer:
<https://invent.kde.org/packaging/craft-blueprints-kde/-/blob/master/kde/applications/marble/marble.py>

> I have some questions regarding the package:
> * Which executable should be run? marble or marble-qt?

The preferred version for Windows would be marble-qt. In terms of
functionality both versions are equivalent however marble-qt has less
dependencies and hence results in a much smaller install package.

> * there is a conflict where the plugins are installed with the Craft
tool. For now, Craft moves all files under plugins/ inside the bin/ folder
> (this is because Qt plugins are installed in plugins and Craft made the
choice to move all files under this folder inside bin/:
> https://invent.
<http://kde.org/packaging/craft/-/blob/master/bin/Packager/CollectionPackagerBase.py#L304>
).

I guess this problem wouldn't occur for marble-qt where Marble should end
up in its own directory under "C:\Programs"

Best regards
Torsten

> I will ask if we can do a more selective move. The code where we handle
the plugins path is OS-dependant on Marble
> but I guess it would still make sense to have them in a plugins/ folder.

Thank you,

Johnny