AW: Re: AW: Question about Marble software

tackat at t-online.de tackat at t-online.de
Fri Sep 21 12:36:46 BST 2018

I you are using your own map material then there is no problem in terms of
usage anyways :-)

Just being curious: why are you using the very old 0.8 release? :)

Best Regards,

Gesendet mit der Telekom Mail App
<https://kommunikationsdienste.t-online.de/redirects/email_app_android_sendmail_footer>

--- Original-Nachricht ---
Von: Piotr Starzeba
Betreff: Re: AW: Question about Marble software
Datum: 21.09.2018, 13:29 Uhr
An: tackat at t-online.de

Thank you.
I want to create historical maps in Polish language. So your historical
maps will not help me.
Once again Thank you very much.

Sent from Starzeba

On Sep 21, 2018, at 4:16 AM, " tackat at t-online.de
<mailto:tackat at t-online.de> " < tackat at t-online.de
<mailto:tackat at t-online.de> > wrote:

    Hello Peter,

    yes you can publish your self-created maps done via Marble as part of
    your book.

    The historical maps that Marble ships are in the public domain, so
    there are no further requirements for those.
    The same applies for all other maps except for those which render
    streets: those are based on OpenStreetMap and require attribution
    according to the ODbL (however this doesn't seem to be the case for
    your project).

    Of course we'd be happy if you mentioned Marble somewhere but it's not
    legally required.

    Does that answer your question? :-)

    Best Regards,
    Torsten