C1001 Visual Studio 2017 internal compiler error

Anthony Bézier portos53 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 15:29:31 UTC 2018

 Hello everybody,

My name is Anthony and I looking for updgrading the MarbleWidget library
that I already use from its (very) old version 0.19.2 to the last one 17.12.

I already know the widget, I integrated the old version 5 years ago.

I try to compile the new library and I get a compiler error.

Please, firstly, take a look to my CMake configuration (I can give you the
CMakeCache.txt too):

The C compiler identification is MSVC 19.12.25835.0

> [...]
> This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
>
> CMake Warning (dev) at CMakeLists.txt:30 (elseif):
> Policy CMP0054 is not set: Only interpret if() arguments as variables or
> keywords when unquoted. Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0054" for policy
> details. Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this
> warning.
>
> Quoted variables like "MSVC" will no longer be dereferenced when the policy
> is set to NEW. Since the policy is not set the OLD behavior will be used.
> This warning is for project developers. Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.
>
> Could NOT find Qt5WebKit (missing: Qt5WebKit_DIR)
>
> Could NOT find Qt5WebKitWidgets (missing: Qt5WebKitWidgets_DIR)
>
> CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:131 (find_package):
> Found package configuration file:
>
> Z:/trunk/ThirdParty/Lib/Qt/5.9.4_x64/lib/cmake/Qt5/Qt5Config.cmake
>
> but it set Qt5_FOUND to FALSE so package "Qt5" is considered to be NOT
> FOUND. Reason given by package:
>
> Failed to find Qt5 component "WebKit" config file at
>
> "Z:/trunk/ThirdParty/Lib/Qt/5.9.4_x64/lib/cmake/Qt5WebKit/Qt5WebKitConfig.cmake"
>

> Failed to find Qt5 component "WebKitWidgets" config file at
>
> "Z:/trunk/ThirdParty/Lib/Qt/5.9.4_x64/lib/cmake/Qt5WebKitWidgets/Qt5WebKitWidgetsConfig.cmake"
>

> The following features have been enabled:
>

> * Marble Desktop/Mobile applications, Build Marble Desktop/Mobile
> applications. Toggle with BUILD_MARBLE_APPS=YES/NO.
>

> -- The following OPTIONAL packages have been found:
>

> * Qt5LinguistTools
>
> * Perl, <http://www.perl.org>
>
> generation of sources in the APRS plugin
>
> * Qt5SerialPort, Provides access to hardware and virtual serial ports.
>
> Reading from serial port in APRS plugin
>
> * Qt5Positioning, a collection of APIs and frameworks, <
> http://qt.digia.com/>
>
> position information via Qt5Positioning
>

> -- The following REQUIRED packages have been found:
>

> * Qt5Core
>
> * Qt5Xml
>
> * Qt5Network
>
> * Qt5Test
>
> * Qt5Gui (required version >= 5.9.4)
>
> * Qt5Widgets
>
> * Qt5Svg
>
> * Qt5Sql
>
> * Qt5Concurrent
>
> * Qt5Qml (required version >= 5.9.4)
>
> * Qt5Quick
>
> * Qt5PrintSupport
>
> * Qt5 (required version >= 5.3.0)
>

> -- The following features have been disabled:
>

> * Unit tests, Build unit tests. Toggle with BUILD_MARBLE_TESTS=YES/NO.
> 'make test' will run all.
>
> * Qt Designer plugins, Marble widget support in Qt Designer. Toggle with
> WITH_DESIGNER_PLUGIN=YES/NO
>
> * Marble tools, Build various Marble tools for e.g. file format
> conversion. Toggle with BUILD_MARBLE_TOOLS=YES/NO.
>
> * Marble library C++ examples, Build C++ examples showing how to use the
> Marble library. Toggle with BUILD_MARBLE_EXAMPLES=YES/NO.
>

> -- The following OPTIONAL packages have not been found:

Like all REQUIRED packages have been found, I suppose the configuration
correctly done. Am I right ?

Once done, I compile in Debug x64 the ALL_BUILD project and I get no
errors. Just some warnings ( 193, "C4996: This function or variable may be
unsafe.", for most of them).

When I trying to compile in Release x64, during the marblewidget build, I
get error:

>z:\trunk\thirdparty\lib\qt\5.9.4_x64\include\qtcore\qstringbuilder.h(354):
> fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.

Have you any ideas or tricks to solve this error, please ?

I tried with the branch 17.08 and 17.04, I get the same behavior.

Thank you in advance for your help !

Best Regards,

Anthony