Review updated Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement

Google Play googleplay-noreply at google.com
Tue Feb 27 00:35:24 UTC 2018

Preview text

View as webpage »

Google Play Developer updates

Hello Google Play Developer,

We're continually striving to make Google Play a positive experience for
both our developers and our users. For this reason, we've introduced the
following changes to the Developer Distribution Agreement (DDA):

Merchant of Record - We've updated the terms to describe that, as
Developer's agent, Google is merchant of record for sales to users in the
European Economic Area (EEA) (Section 3.3).

Sales Taxes - We've changed the terms to describe that Google will
determine and remit taxes for sales in the EEA. Google may also determine
and remit taxes for sales in other countries or territories, with notice to
Developer (Section 3.4).

Promotions - We've added a provision permitting Google to run promotional
activities within certain parameters, such as there being no impact on
amounts payable to developers (Section 7).

Data Usage - We've clarified that data collected or used will be in
accordance with Google's privacy policy and that data can be used in the
aggregate to improve Google Play, related products and services, and the
user and Developer experience across Google products and services (Section
9).

General Changes - We've improved wording and organization throughout for
clarity and readability (eg updating language related to enforcement,
Google LLC status, and refunds). We've also reflected these updated terms
in the terms and conditions for your Payment Account.

These changes will go into effect starting March 28, 2018 for existing
developers, and immediately for all new developer accounts created as of
February 26, 2018. No action is required on your part.

REVIEW DDA UPDATES

The Google Play team Conversation Globe

© 2018 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.

Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service
announcement to update you about important changes to your Google Play
Developer account.