what3words in the Marble project

Will Johnston will.johnston at what3words.com
Mon Feb 6 12:23:01 UTC 2017

Hi Dennis,
Thanks for getting back.  I think you're suggestion is a very good one and so
who should I speak to start getting this implemented?
All the best from index.home.raft  ,
Will

On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 7:06 PM, Dennis Nienhüser nienhueser at kde.org  wrote:
Hi Will,

the 3words => location conversion could be realized easily as a search runner
plugin. The hostip plugin [1] is pretty similar and could be used as a base.

Converting a GPS location to a 3words code could be done by extending our "copy
coordinates" action. Currently it copies directly to the clipboard, but we could
bring up a dialog instead which would offer different variants (e.g. DMS,
Decimal, geouri, what3words).

Looking forward to a patch, awesome.like.marble [2] ;-)

Regards,

Dennis

[1]
https://cgit.kde.org/marble.git/tree/src/plugins/runner/hostip/HostipRunner.cpp

[2] https://map.what3words.com/awesome.like.marble

https://links3.mixmaxusercontent.com/JMaLeSgGtbwniLvs7/l/LhhUhoyPu9jjx7uRh?messageId=24u8m30Rnzch2nKVk&rn=&re=gInJ3buUGZrBEblZXZk1SZsJmch1mI

https://links1.mixmaxusercontent.com/JMaLeSgGtbwniLvs7/l/E9lVXdFNLGzxi04vL?messageId=24u8m30Rnzch2nKVk&rn=&re=gInJ3buUGZrBEblZXZk1SZsJmch1mI

https://links4.mixmaxusercontent.com/JMaLeSgGtbwniLvs7/l/dNmaCT7W20s00DbfR?messageId=24u8m30Rnzch2nKVk&rn=&re=gInJ3buUGZrBEblZXZk1SZsJmch1mI

https://links2.mixmaxusercontent.com/JMaLeSgGtbwniLvs7/l/OPmKHestE3oepplI7?messageId=24u8m30Rnzch2nKVk&rn=&re=gInJ3buUGZrBEblZXZk1SZsJmch1mI

https://links2.mixmaxusercontent.com/JMaLeSgGtbwniLvs7/l/zvV70JBZPZEvgdtk8?messageId=24u8m30Rnzch2nKVk&rn=&re=gInJ3buUGZrBEblZXZk1SZsJmch1mI

Will JohnstonPartnerships
+44 7938 165288
what3words.com

"An ingenious new system of addresses that can locate any place in the
country—and, indeed, in the world"The Economist
“A fiendishly clever solution” -The Times
“One of the cleverest technologies I have seen” -The FT
index.home.raft