what3words in the Marble project

Dennis Nienhüser nienhueser at kde.org
Thu Feb 2 19:06:31 UTC 2017

Hi Will,

the 3words => location conversion could be realized easily as a search
runner plugin. The hostip plugin [1] is pretty similar and could be used
as a base.

Converting a GPS location to a 3words code could be done by extending
our "copy coordinates" action. Currently it copies directly to the
clipboard, but we could bring up a dialog instead which would offer
different variants (e.g. DMS, Decimal, geouri, what3words).

Looking forward to a patch, awesome.like.marble [2] ;-)

Regards,
Dennis

[1]
https://cgit.kde.org/marble.git/tree/src/plugins/runner/hostip/HostipRunner.cpp