[Marble-devel] [Differential] [Updated, 71 lines] D1420: [OS X] build in a more "traditional" way (for distribution systems like MacPorts, Fink etc)

rjvbb (René J.V. Bertin) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 17 10:09:09 UTC 2016

rjvbb updated this revision to Diff 3381.
rjvbb added a comment.

  This version introduces an option/switch that defaults to building as a bundle but in the more traditional way when turned off on the cmake command-line.

  As I said, building as standalone bundles isn't my priority, I came to using KDE on OS X because KDE4 is readily available through MacPorts (and I already used MacPorts for most everything not provided by Apple). By extension, my KF5 frameworks are built for use with traditional shared resources, so aren't fit for embedding.

  Note that once all packages ("ports") are included in the official MacPorts repository users will be able to install Marble from binary packages, a priori with a single `port install kf5-marble` command.

  My Qt5 build does support both kinds of build, so I did rebuild Marble yesterday (from unpatched sources) to create the standalone bundle around marble-qt. It runs but doesn't find any of its resources for some reason. A full build takes over 30 min on my system, which is too long for me ATM to start extensive experimenting. I suspect though that something is not as it should be in your use of QStandardPaths.

REPOSITORY
  rMARBLE Marble

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D1420?vs=3361&id=3381