[Marble-devel] Welcome, Marble GSoC class of 2015 ;-)

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Sun May 24 18:29:17 UTC 2015

Hi there,

Google Summer of Code 2015 has begun some weeks ago. You probably
already heard that we have three students who will work on Marble
related projects this summer:
- David will work to "Improve Marble's OSM vector rendering and printing
support"
- Gábor is going to work on "Porting Marble to Android platform"
- Marius will be "Offering OpenStreetMap support and improving Edit Mode
for Marble"

Usually we don't use the mailing list too much for GSoC related things,
but I'd still like to welcome them here: David, Gábor, Marius, welcome
around, enjoy your stay and happy coding! :-)
You can expect introductory blog posts from them (which will appear on
planetkde.org) within the next weeks at latest. Most communication is
going to happen in #marble in Freenode IRC, so please step by there if
you're interesting in details or the progress of the projects.

The hot phase of GSoC will begin tomorrow already which marks the start
of the coding period. Mid-term is in late June and the projects will run
until mid of August. Given the good experience from the last years code
will be reviewed and then committed directly to master (i.e. there are
no special gsoc branches). We might introduce a temporary branch (e.g.
kitchen) though in case the development conflicts with
Applications/15.08 stabilization plans.

Regards,
Dennis