[Marble-devel] Contact with Marble

Razvan-Mihai CHITU razvan_mihai.chitu at cti.pub.ro
Sun Mar 8 08:57:46 UTC 2015

Hello,

As a student who just started discovering Marble, I still have many uncertainties regarding it. I am willing to get involved in this project but I find it difficult to find a place to begin. I have the following questions:

* Is there a task list or something similar for getting started? I have seen the junior jobs on bugs.kde, but I they seem difficult when compared to some other bugs I've seen patched in the past years.

* If I have an idea for a simple feature (for example, hiding the crosshairs while a "Place information" box is open so it doesn't get on top of the writing), could anyone give me directions to the right code sections in the sources? The project is quite large and it is complicated to understand the logic and terminology without a bit of guidance.

* Between this mailing list and the IRC channel, which is a better means of communication with the dev team? I've seen that the channel is not active at all usually, but I'm not sure whether it's because of the timezones or not.

Thanks,

    ?Razvan Chitu, CS student from Romania