[Marble-devel] parallel-installable qt4/qt5 libmarblewidget

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Feb 23 23:19:29 UTC 2015

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Hi, I'm a fedora packager for much of the qt/kde stack, and we've recently
> ran into an issue where we require both qt4 and qt5 versions of
> libmarblewidget library.  The need for a Qt5 one is because subsurface
> recently no longer supports Qt4 (1)
>
> Unfortunately, libmarblewidget currently uses the same soname for both qt4
> and qt5 builds.
>
> Would you all be open to the idea of allowing parallel-installable Qt4 and
> Qt5 versions of libmarblewidget?

As threatened, attached is a first iteration of a patch to support producing
a libmarblewidget-qt5 for Qt5 builds.
(patch against marble-14.12.1 anyway, I'll check to rebase it against master
and/or 15.04 soon).

Here's a link I used in building packages:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/marble.git/tree/marble-14.12.1-marblewidget.patch

I debated putting the 'set(MARBLEWIDGET...)' definitions in top-level
CMakeLists.txt (current) or in MarbleMacros.cmake, it should work doing it
either way if anyone has a preference.

Feedback welcome.  (should i submit to reviewboard?)

-- Rex

p.s. I needed another fix else the Qt5 build failed too:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/marble.git/tree/marble-14.12.1-opencachingcom_Qt5WebKitWidgets.patch