[Marble-devel] parallel-installable qt4/qt5 libmarblewidget

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat Feb 21 18:29:24 UTC 2015

Hi, I'm a fedora packager for much of the qt/kde stack, and we've recently
ran into an issue where we require both qt4 and qt5 versions of
libmarblewidget library.  The need for a Qt5 one is because subsurface
recently no longer supports Qt4 (1)

Unfortunately, libmarblewidget currently uses the same soname for both qt4
and qt5 builds.

Would you all be open to the idea of allowing parallel-installable Qt4 and
Qt5 versions of libmarblewidget?

I'm working on a proof-of-concept patch to change the library soname to
libmarblewidget-qt5 for qt5 builds.  After that, I'll probably have to
generate a corresponding FindMarbleQt5.cmake

-- Rex

(1) see http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/ticket/821