[Marble-devel] New Idea for GSoC project on Marble

Sanjiban Bairagya sanjiban22393 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 05:56:21 UTC 2014

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the reply. Ya I believe komoot is a mobile app, and maybe does
not have an api. But GPSies does have, and it contains many tracks and of
all sorts as well. We can implement GPSies' API in Marble, using the online
plugin as you mentioned, and then add the feature of letting users to rate
tracks according to traffic and other factors. So, once that plugin is
activated, when users search for directions from A to B, it can be
suggested to them according to the ratings. And then combine these with
tours in the way you mentioned. Okay, so I think I will play around with
GPSies a bit, and know more technically what more could be done, and what
are the possibilities. Thanks a lot for replying :)

Regards,
Sanjiban Bairagya