[Marble-devel] New Idea for GSoC project on Marble

Sanjiban Bairagya sanjiban22393 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 17:15:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

I was going through the ideas on Marble for GSoC this year, and, along with
the idea
on "Interactive Tours" I was thinking of another one.

Okay, so Marble has got an option, which shows the directions from one
place to
another, depending on the entries of the locations made by the user. So my
idea
was to implement a way for users to rate directions on a scale from 0 to 5,
or
whatever. So, directions would be suggested according to these ratings. Now
for this
to work, there needs to be some form of an online database, where these
ratings
could be stored. The users would rate directions depending on various
factors, like
road condition, traffic, safety, and an overall rating. So, in this case,
since along with
other factors, we are considering user-related factors as well, so the
directions-
searching could be a bit more efficient than before. I was just thinking of
the above
idea, and was wondering if this might be a good enough idea to work on.

Best Regards,

Sanjiban Bairagya
(fewcha on IRC)