[Marble-devel] Obtaining time zone data through MarbleWidget

Akarsh Simha akarsh.simha at kdemail.net
Thu May 9 00:53:12 UTC 2013

Hi

I intend to use MarbleWidget in KStars to replace our current
"Geographic Location" tool.

However, I would need to be able to obtain the time zone and DST rules
for a given geographical location, in addition to the latitude and
longitude. Looking at the documentation on techbase, I couldn't find
out how to do this.

Is MarbleWidget capable of providing timezone / DST information? If
so, how do I access it? Is there a way to make an educated guess when
such information is not expressly available?

Regards
Akarsh