[Marble-devel] Elevation profile

bbeschow at cs.tu-berlin.de bbeschow at cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri Mar 8 17:02:06 UTC 2013

Hi Roman,

> I made some changes to the elevation profile plugin, it's now possible to
> display the height profile for a loaded gpx-track.

First of all, thanks for sharing your improvements for Marble! I think
that being able to view the height profile of a track sounds like a good
idea.

I wonder which data is visualized in the height profile in your patch? Is
it 1) the height data contained in the .gpx file or 2) the data already
present in Marble?

Moreover, how do users know which track or route the height profile is
associated with at any given time? Is it possible for users to select
which track or route is the source of the height profile?

> However, I also had to
> add
> MARBLE_EXPORT to the FileManager class, because I connect to the
> fileAdded()
> signal to get the GeoDataDocument.
> So my first question: is this ok, or is there another easy way to get
> GeoDataTracks from MarbleModel (I didn't find one)?

There is the GeoDataTreeModel::added() signal. It should basically do the
same except that it doesn't require the FileManager to be exported. Note
though, that you need to check in both cases whether the document is
actually a track document or not (e.g. an .osm file).

> And my second question: once this is somehow finished, how do I send in a
> patch for review?

The best way for us is if you submitted your patch to
git.reviewboard.kde.org because we'll be able to comment on single lines
of your patch. You need to sign up first before you can submit patches,
though. Another option is to post your patch to this mailing list. In both
cases, please bring some pacience with you since we might be busy with
other life duties! ;)

Cheers,
Bernhard