[Marble-devel] NASA spaceapps challenge

Alexandru Dancu alexandru.dancu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 14:49:20 UTC 2013

Hello Marble developers,

NASA just started an initiative to open their data to the public:
http://spaceappschallenge.org/about/faq/

We made a team and will participate to it by attending the Finish
challenge this weekend: http://spaceship.fi

The plan is to make use of the following open source resources
1. http://vterrain.org/Atmosphere/
2. http://marble.kde.org/
3. http://www.flickr.com/photos/nasacommons/

combined with
•deep bass space music, such as: https://soundcloud.com/neka (Neka is
a team member)
•novel interactive devices, such as 3d hand input
http://leapmotion.com/ or whole body input e.g. Kinect (I have
experience with these)

in order to create a project that makes people aware that we are
together on this planet, we are all one: http://vimeo.com/55073825

We have no experience with Marble, so we are looking for Marble
developers to join our team - we are working in Windows OS  - Leap SDK
is only with windows until now..
More details after joining the team.

To join our team, just create an account and request membership here:
http://spaceship.fi/team/oriogon

Best regards,
Alex