[Marble-devel] Create custom offline maps for Marble

Jens-Michael Hoffmann jmho at jmho.de
Wed Oct 3 13:27:09 UTC 2012

Am Montag, 1. Oktober 2012, 14:59:49 schrieb Олег Любимов:
> Dear Marble developers.
>
> Could you help me on the follow situation: I need to create a custom
> offline map. I have read this guide:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/CustomMaps , but I am not
> understand how to open the ".dgml" - file in the Marble ( the "Open"
> command from menu "File" is not open .dgml files). Could you give me a more
> detailed desсription for creation custom maps for Marble or link to example
> of custom map?

Maybe there is an misunderstanding. Map themes or iow .dgml files are not
opened via file/open but just placed in the file system at appropriate
location. Where that is you can see if you start Marble with the "-debug-info"
option from a shell. Look in the output for "Map theme file successfully
loaded:" and you'll see which dgml files are loaded and where they are. Just
place your custom map in the structure and it'll show up in the map themes
widget.

kind regards,
Jens-Michael