[Marble-devel] Opencaching plugin

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Tue Nov 6 10:29:38 UTC 2012

On Tirsdag den 6. november 2012 11:05:35 Dennis Nienhüser wrote:
> Hi Anders,
>
> the main issue were the terms of usage. IIRC the content was not
> available in a free way (cache descriptions written by users being most
> problematic). Torsten talked to them and there was some agreement on
> changes to the XML API even, but to my knowledge that was not
> implemented on the opencaching side.

According to the website, "All public, user submitted content in the
OpenCaching.com database is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-
ShareAlike License (CC-by-sa)" [1]

Appearently they prefer to use JSON for data, alternatively GPX (but that
would be feasible only in some cases of course.

Maybe I can find related mails in the maillist archieves?