[Marble-devel] Using Marble library with Qt Embedded

Jeremie Scheer jeremie.scheer at armadeus.com
Thu May 31 10:09:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

I've identified what caused the segfault on ARM : it was crashing during
the initialization of the QStringList in Planet.cpp - planetList().

I don't know why but the following code l.364 made the app crash, but
only on embedded ARM system:

    planets << "mercury"
    << "venus"
    << "earth"
    << "mars"
    << "jupiter"
    << "saturn"
    << "uranus"
    << "neptune"
    << "pluto"
    << "sun"
    << "moon"
    << "sky";

So I replaced it by :

    QString planetsStringList =
    "mercury,venus,earth,mars,jupiter,saturn,uranus,neptune,pluto,sun,moon,sky";
         planets = planetsStringList.split(",");

Now MarbleWidget is correctly instanciated but my app crashes on another
*Segmentation fault* after the instruction mapWidget->show();, only on ARM.

Jérémie Scheer
Software Engineer
Tel: +33 (0)9 72 29 41 44
Fax: +33 (0)9 72 28 79 26
Armadeus Systems - A new vision of the embedded world
http://www.armadeus.com