[Marble-devel] Marble with offline OSM maps

Jeremie Scheer jeremie.scheer at armadeus.com
Tue May 15 13:31:27 UTC 2012

Ok I will try with OSM raw files first to see if it corresponds to my needs.
But as I can see and as you describe it, Marble seems very easy to use
to get pre-rendered bitmaps of particular regions of the world.

> You can transfer the contents of the directory to your device and
> they'll be automatically found and used by Marble and also
> applications using Marble as a library (assuming you transfer it to
> the right directory on the device). The directory must not be user
> specific, you can also use Marble's system directory (where
> openstreetmap.dgml gets installed to).
The map installation directory can be in another path than Marble's
system directory ? My maps will be installed on a SD card that will be
inserted in the system, so how can I set the map directory to another
location in the application code ?

Thank you,
--
Jérémie Scheer
Software Engineer

PS: Excuse me Dennis Nienhüser for the double mail