[Marble-devel] Using Open Street Map with proxies

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Sun May 13 10:35:56 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I recently saw something (possibly on Techbase) that said that there was a
bug which prevents OSM from being used behind proxies.  I can't find a
report for it on bugs.kde.org though and various searchs have me
questioning my recollection.

However, if I move a working application from Linux at home to windows at
work (where they run http proxies) my OSM globe has a post apocalyptic
"water everywhere" look to it.  No land is rendered at any resolution.

Anyone able to point me to anything that would either:

   - help getting OSM to work with marble on windows behind http proxy,
   - confirm (and maybe detail) any bugs which might act as a blocker?

Regards,

Amit