[Marble-devel] Segfault when loading map themes

Jeremie Scheer jeremie.scheer at armadeus.com
Mon Jun 4 13:25:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm using Marble as a library on an embedded ARM system with Qt Embedded
ARM 4.7.4.

I only try to instanciate a MarbleWidget in my application, load a map
theme and display it. But when the program is running, it crashes on a
Segmentation fault at the instruction qApp->exec(), when executing the
Qt event loop (see the topic /"Using Marble library with Qt Embedded"/
I've already made on this mailing list).

After some tests, I found that if I don't load any map theme
(mapWidget->setMapThemeId("earth/openstreetmap/openstreetmap.dgml")) or
if it doesn't exist at the given path, my app doesn't crash and Marble
widget is displayed on screen but nothing is showed on it (what is
actually normal).

It is only if I load a map theme into the MarbleWidget object that it
crashed on a Segfault.

Is there something I'm missing here ?

Jérémie Scheer
Software Engineer
Tel: +33 (0)9 72 29 41 44
Fax: +33 (0)9 72 28 79 26
Armadeus Systems - A new vision of the embedded world
http://www.armadeus.com