[Marble-devel] Drawing a box on the map

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Tue Feb 14 21:22:01 UTC 2012

Hi Kyle,

an easy way (hack) would be to use the selection rubber band Marble uses
when you hold Ctrl and do the interaction you describe. You can access
that rectangle via the MarbleWidget::regionSelected(QList<double>)
signal. The list contains the border points (west, north, east, south,
in degree). To make it persistent, add your own layer as described in
the tutorials and have it paint the rectangle. Alternatively, create a
suitable .kml file with the rectangle, style it and add it to the map
via MarbleWidget::model()->addGeoDataString() or addGeoDataFile().
You can also add another event filter on the widget and handle the user
actions similarly to how MarbleWidgetDefaultInputHandler implements the
rubber band selection.

Regards,
Dennis