[Marble-devel] Nee help - building Marble with older KDE libs

Alexander Todorov alexx.todorov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 07:44:23 UTC 2012

На  8.08.2012 18:27, Torsten Rahn написа:
> On Mittwoch, 8. August 2012 17:15:45 Alexander Todorov wrote:
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> Thanks for compiling Marble.
>
> So you are trying to build recent Marble with KDE 4.3?
> Unless you are using Qt 4.6 (which _might _ still compile - or at least with
> minor changes) or even better Qt 4.7 this might cause problems anyways.

Hi Torsten,
I have qt-4.6.2.

> What is your aim? :-)

To build Digikam 2.8.0 on RHEL6. Marble is just a dependency before I can
rebuild Digikam.

> Are you aware that you can compile Marble without KDE dependencies? There is a
> compile flag which allows to compile Marble as a plain Qt application:
>
> http://edu.kde.org/marble/obtain.php

I didn't know that but I will give it a try when I have some free time. It may
be what I'm looking for.

Can you briefly explain what is the difference when building with/without
kdelibs? (I'm not Qt or KDE guy).

I'd appreciate if somebody can explain my previous question too. Why build
failed if we got the same function signatures in both kdelibs versions.

Regards,
Alex