[Marble-devel] Nee help - building Marble with older KDE libs

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Wed Aug 8 15:27:42 UTC 2012

On Mittwoch, 8. August 2012 17:15:45 Alexander Todorov wrote:

Hi Alex,

Thanks for compiling Marble.

So you are trying to build recent Marble with KDE 4.3?
Unless you are using Qt 4.6 (which _might _ still compile - or at least with
minor changes) or even better Qt 4.7 this might cause problems anyways.

What is your aim? :-)
Are you aware that you can compile Marble without KDE dependencies? There is a
compile flag which allows to compile Marble as a plain Qt application:

http://edu.kde.org/marble/obtain.php

IIRC the external map editor feature has been introduced after KDE 4.3, so I'd
be surprised if anybody has tried to compile the "new" sources with such a
classic KDE version :-)

Best Regards,
Torsten