[Marble-devel] satellite view

Eildert Groeneveld eildert.groeneveld at onlinehome.de
Mon Apr 23 08:38:30 UTC 2012

Dear All

after having played around with the current version of marble I am sold
of this package in particular as it has the openrouteservice integrated
so nicely togther with its beta version of cycle paths (routes the bike
riders over cycle paths).

What i find lacking is the detailed satellite view that allows to zoom
in to a higher lever, so that one can see what the surrounding of the
track is. This can for instance be done with viking.

I wonder how the google earth maps or other high resolution maps can
used in marble.

any suggestions?