[Marble-devel] georeferenced images

Konrad Enzensberger e.konrad at mpegcode.com
Sat Sep 24 10:43:33 UTC 2011

Hi,

i like to add a feature to marblewidget:

- adding georeferenced images as overlay on a map (GeoTiff, image with associated world file, ...)

Maybe one of you can give me a hint how to start, my favorite solution would be
adding kml tag: <GroundOverlay>

GoogleEarth adds images as overlay by kml file's like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.2">
<GroundOverlay>
<name>GroundOverlay</name>
<Icon>
<href>C:/maps-test/wordlfile/Petersdom.gif</href>
<viewBoundScale>1.00</viewBoundScale>
</Icon>
<LatLonBox>
<north>41.90332</north>
<south>41.90108</south>
<east>12.45851</east>
<west>12.45488</west>
</LatLonBox>
</GroundOverlay>
</kml>

Currently, marblewidget GeoPainter:drawImage(...) does not support the "isGeoProjected" flag.
This and kml handler has to be modified, are there other classes to take in mind?

Or do you know be a better solution , maybe TileCreator modification ?
To avoid double coding, are there someone working on such feature ?

I know Nico has modified the TileCreator for working with elevation data, but this is currently
not merged to git master.

br, konrad